I hate that I keep talking about busy I am and how I barely have time to blog, as I'm sure that must be getting incredibly boring. Unfortunately, it's still true, but I think things are going to calm down this week. For now, though, here's what's been going on:
- I really like most of classes this semester, especially my fashion ones. I have a new professor who is actually focused on teaching us things that we haven't learned in our other classes and is building her classes around what we actually want to learn. I can't wait to see what we end up doing.
- The paper is going great, and I think my new editors are starting to get the hang of their positions. I'm just waiting for some juicy stuff to happen on campus since the news cycle has been pretty boring. Compared to last semester, however, when there was a fake hostage situation and a guy running for student government with an outstanding warrant for his arrest, it's really not hard to be bored.
- My parents are in town, which is part of the reason I'm still busy this three-day weekend. I'm not sure if I've mentioned before, but my brother also lives in town (and works at my school) with his wife and three kids. His third one (my new niece) was born just days before I got back into town, so my parents flew in to finally meet her. Really, though, that means this weekend is just full of an unhealthy amount of food as we try to take to them to our favorite places in town in a short amount of time.
- I helped move T.J. to his new apartment last weekend and he just started grad school. He's an hour and half away now, but he's already back visiting this weekend. I might have told him he had to since my parents are here, but that's neither here nor there.
- Now that my friend Jenn has graduated and left me forever, I've been worried about not having anyone to take my blog photos for me. Fortunately, I worried for nothing. I have a couple friends in my fashion classes who have helped me, and my friend Mary has been a total lifesaver. She's our assistant photo editor at the paper, and she's already taken my pictures for me twice, including this set (which was taken in front of our office). She's amazing and I'm making her help me all the time from now on.
We convinced my friend Steve to model for us, and I promised I'd put him on my blog. Don't mind the product placement.
This outfit was one I wasn't expecting to be anything special, but I ended up really loving it. I suppose that's bound to happen with any ensemble featuring lace and pleats, isn't it?
Top: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Thrifted (originally Target)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Bracelet and ring: Fifth & Mae