Remember how I said this was going to be a relaxing winter break full of plenty of blogging time? Well, apparently I was wrong. I've somehow managed to keep extra busy these past couple of weeks, and while I'm having a great break, I'm a little sad that I haven't been able to devote much time to blogging. However, with the holidays over and my brother (who I've been spending most of my time with) on his way back to Arizona today, things are finally settling down. I'm almost positive I'll be able to take outfit photos today (something I genuinely miss), but until then, I figured it wouldn't hurt to look back on 2013 before it leaves us forever. I've included some of my favorite outfits from the year (as you can see, I'm incredibly indecisive), and I also wanted to share some of my most exciting moments of the year. I feel like this blog can sometimes border on ridiculous/narcissistic, but who cares? It's a personal blog, and if good things happened for me this year, I don't see anything wrong with shouting it from the mountain tops. Unfortunately, I don't have any mountain tops to shout things from, so this old Internet thing will have to do.
In 2013, I:
- Became editor-in-chief of my college's newspaper, The Western Courier, which has become my home and is the greatest job I could ever ask for
- Watched our staff win 12 awards at the Illinois College Press Association Awards
- Turned 21
- Interned with a celebrity stylist
- Welcomed a new niece
- Interviewed Bo Burnham
- Won third place in a writing competition in St. Louis
- Was part of a small group of students invited to and attended the National Retail Federation's Shop.org conference in Chicago
- Met some of my now closest friends
- Spent too much time appreciating the golden age of television (including seeing the return of one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development, and mourning the loss of another, Breaking Bad)
- Bought and learned how to use a DSLR (kind of. I'm still learning.)
- Celebrated one year of blogging on both Room 334 and Flock Together
All in all, looking back, I made a lot of wonderful memories this year. I've never been a big one for sap, but I can honestly say that the best part of this year is just how much fun I've had with family and good friends. I really feel like I finally found the group of friends I wanted all throughout college this year, and I had the best time with all of them this year. Bleh. So much cheesiness. Kill me now.
Seriously, though, I can't thank you all enough for all of the support I've gotten for this little blog of mine. I originally started Room 334 as a platform to jump start my career in fashion or journalism, and while I still hope it can help me in that aspect, it's become much more than that. Not only is it a creative outlet for my writing and a push to challenge myself with my personal style, but it's helped introduce me to the most amazing group of women around the world who I can now consider friends. I can't put into words how much I love the people I've met through blogging, and I can't wait to meet even more in 2014. Now enough with the corny thoughts, let's just have fun celebrating the start of the new year, shall we?