Well, 2016 was...a year. As we're all pretty tired of hearing by now, a lot of things seriously sucked this year. However, I have to be honest. Despite all of the awfulness, I have to be honest. This year was pretty amazing for me personally. Just a few highlights:
- Quit my job in customer service and starting working for an e-commerce consultancy doing project management, digital marketing, social media, and more. I absolutely love my job and get to work a flexible schedule.
- Moved out of the room I was renting and into an adorable apartment with my boyfriend. Living with him has been nothing short of perfect.
- Celebrated our one-year anniversary with Jon (and now almost at two years!)
- Visited New York and Connecticut
- Turned 24
- Watched my brother propose to his longtime girlfriend
- Welcomed another new baby niece into the world
- Worked with some of my favorite small businesses and makers
- Was mentioned on Buzzfeed
- Made weekend trips to San Diego, Oceanside, and Vegas
- Collaborated with Priya on a fun remix series
- Hung out with some of my favorite Internet friends, including Jen, Erica, and Meghan
- Saw Wilco, Sufjan Stevens, and Nice As Fuck in concert
- Watched more amazing TV shows than is healthy
- Voted for a woman for president
I posted pretty sporadically last year, but this year I actually became much happier with my personal style and enjoyed getting back into the habit of posting. Looking back, I still liked so many of outfits that I (obviously) had trouble narrowing down my favorites for this post. Oh well.
Movies I watched (and enjoyed) this year - although this will change shortly once I see all of the Oscar bait films now coming out: The Lobster, Don't Think Twice, Kubo and the Two Strings, Other People, Arrival, Zootopia, Hail Ceasar!, The Nice Guys
TV shows I watched (and enjoyed) this year. Yes, there are far too many: Better Call Saul, Westworld, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Lady Dynamite, Stranger Things, Seinfeld, Chopped, Catastrophe, Fleabag, Transparent, Game of Thrones, Cheers, Frasier, (rewatched) Gilmore Girls, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, (rewatched) The Office, Silicon Valley, Veep....and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting about.
Podcasts I listened to (and enjoyed) this year: Startup, Being Honest With My Ex, Unqualified, The Nerdist, WTF, Doug Loves Movies, Millenial, Comedy Bang Bang, Mystery Show, Homecoming, The Vulture TV Podcast, This Feels Terrible, Harmontown, Happy Sad Confused
Thank you so much for following along and caring about my outfits, pop culture ramblings, and personal vanity! I will never get enough of the friendships I've made through blogging and Instagram. It's the biggest thing that gives me motivation to keep this little old blog up and running.